19th Century Core Content
- What caused the First World War?
20th Century Core Content
- International Relations since 1919
- Israelis and Palestinians 1945-1994
As you progress through the Online GCSE History Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
There are no entry requirements for IGCSE study.
Our Online GCSE History Course is powered by:
- CloudPort - Our Virtual Learning Environment: offering 24/7 access to all your materials - so you can study on the move
- Online Lessons and Assessments - allowing you to study on any Smart Device
- Lively and interactive study environments, where you can engage in group collaboration with fellow students
- 12 Months Tutor Support - giving you the confidence you need to achieve your learning goals
- Digital and Print resources
- Live chat functionality with tutors and students - giving you immediate access to the information you need
- Direct links to media-rich and interactive learning resources - making your learning cool, engaging, effective...and Fun!
As part of your Online GCSE History Course you will be subject to Formative and Summative Assessment. Formative assessments do not count towards your final mark but are used to gauge your progress and performance.
These assessments are used to prepare you for the Final Examination set by CIE (Cambridge International Examinations). The Online GCSE History Course includes the following assessment elements:
Formative Assessment including: Activities, Multiple Choice Assessment, Short Answer and tutor marked Mock Exam.
Summative Assessment - Final Exam sat over 2 papers.
Perhaps the most important asset provided as part of your Online GCSE History Course is access to a dedicated academic tutor. You will be assigned a tutor on enrolment who will support you for 12 months. Support extensions are available upon request.
Exams for the CIE IGCSE History syllabus (0470) are held twice a year: January and May/June. Exam timetables are published 12 months in advance and are available upon request.
Exam fees are additional to the course fees. These are payable to the centre where you sit your exam. Use our Exam Centre Finder to locate your nearest Exam centre.
Download the course specification document.
This is the Awarding Bodies blueprint for the qualification and will explain everything you need to know about the qualification.
Pay your course in full or spread the cost with one of our monthly instalment plans.
Speak to one of our advisers today about arranging a monthly instalment plan for your chosen course(s) on 0330 111 4006
CloudLearn is unique in that we offer our students a choice of study formats. Choose to study via print or digital materials.
Our digital materials are hosted on our VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) CloudPort and are accessible on all digital devices, so you can study where and when you want.
PC, Laptop, Tablet, Phone, PS4...your learning your choice.
All content, formative assessment and tutorial support is available online for your learning convenience.
Ask about: Online GCSE History Course