L4 Advanced Counselling Skills Course structure
Models of Therapy
- Analytic Psychology: Carl Jung
- Psychoanalytic psychology
- Humanistic psychology
- Carl Rogers
- Cognitive Approach: Albert Ellis
Types of Therapy
- Person centred therapy
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Schema therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Working as a Counsellor
- Working in various settings
- Barriers to communication
- Effective Communication
- Communicating with children
- Self harm
- Working with specific issues
As you progress through the L4 Advanced Counselling Skills Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
There are no entry requirements for our ABC courses.
Our L4 Advanced Counselling Skills Course is Powered by:
- CloudPort: Our Virtual Learning Environment: offering 24/7 access to Online Student Forums where you can engage in group collaboration with fellow students
- Printed Study Guides in Sturdy Folder
- Dedicated tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
Perhaps the most important asset provided as part of your L4 Advanced Counselling Skills Course is access to a dedicated academic tutor.
You will be assigned a tutor on enrolment who will support you for 12 months. Support extensions are available upon request.
At the end of each unit you will find a TMA or Tutor Marked Assignment. These are the assessed part of the course. You should complete these and return them to your tutor for marking and feedback. Your grade will depend on these assignments only.
There are NO examinations on this course; everything is assessed via the TMAs.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Pay your course in full or spread the cost with one of our monthly instalment plans.
Speak to one of our advisers today about arranging a monthly instalment plan for your chosen course(s) on 0330 111 4006
Ask about: L4 Advanced Counselling Skills Course